(If you use one of these affiliate links, we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you.)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F. Line a sheet tray with a silpat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar and molasses. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Next, add the oat flour, wheat flour, flaxseed, baking soda, spices and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Let the dough sit for at least 5 minutes. The oats will soak up some of the moisture and the batter will get slightly thicker.
- After the dough as rested, get your sheet tray and form the dough into logs. Wet your hands slightly and divide the dough in half, placing half on one side of the pan and the other on the other side.
- Using your hands or a bench scraper, form the dough into two logs that are about 7-inches long and 3-inches wide. Use your hands shape the dough so it is an even thickness.
- Place the sheet tray into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the logs are firm to the touch.
- Move the biscotti logs onto a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, slice the logs into biscotti! Take a sharp knife and slice the biscotti logs width-wise into 3/4-inch slices.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 F and bake for 6 minutes. Then, remove the tray from the oven and use a spatula to turn each biscotti over to cook on the other side. Place back into the oven and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Remove the biscotti to a wire rack and allow to cool fully. The biscotti will continue to harden as they cool.
- Dip into hot cocoa, coffee or tea and enjoy!
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:36
- Category:Dessert, Snack
Keywords: Biscotti, Gingerbread, Holiday Baking
Recipe Card powered by