Packed with flavor and nutrients, this spin on nachos uses rainbow fingerling potatoes as the base and then is topped with cheddar cheese and fresh and zesty tomatillo salsa.
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Yellow onion
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed
- 7 Tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 lbs Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- In the bowl of a food processor add the garlic, onion and Jalapeno. Process for 15-20 seconds until the vegetables are broken into fine pieces.
- Next, dice the tomatillos, removing the small core, and add to food processor.
Then add the remaining ingredients to food processor. Pulse until salsa is mixed together but not pureed.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking!
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Get out a large sheet tray and set aside.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch fry shape. Alternatively, you can slice with a knife by hand.
Place slice potatoes into a large bowl filled with warm water. Stir the potatoes around to help release their starch then drain into a colander. This step helps to create the crispiest potatoes!
Pour the drained potatoes onto your sheet tray. Top with olive oil, salt, cumin and chili powder and mix together with clean hands. Place into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
Once the potatoes have fully cooked and crisped, top with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Top the nachos with tomatillo salsa, enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Appetizer, Black Forest Farmer’s Market, Gluten-Free, Sides, Snack, Vegetarian
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 325mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: Tomatillo Salsa, Nachos