This homemade salsa comes together in no time and has a fresh flavor, better than jarred salsa!
- 28 oz Canned Whole Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded)
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the canned tomatoes and pulse 5-7 times to break up the tomatoes.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients and pulse/blend until the salsa reaches your desired consistency.
- For chunkier salsa, blend just a few seconds. For smoother salsa pulse 10-12 times.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain tortilla chips, sliced avocado and enjoy!
*The salsa is excellent right away or you can pop it into the fridge for at least and hour to allow the flavors to blend.
*For a spicier version, add 2 jalapenos.
*Salsa will last in the refrigerator for 5-7 days in a sealed container.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Appetizers, Lunch, Sides, Snack
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Appetizers, Lunch, Sides, Snack