This gluten-free dutch baby will fill your kitchen with the warming smell of apple and cinnamon.
- 3 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Apples, thinly sliced
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2/3 cup Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Heat a cast iron pan or large saute pan to medium heat. Add the butter and melt.
- Add the sliced apples and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the apples are softened, stirring occasionally.
While the apples are cooking make your batter.
In a large bowl add 3 eggs and whisk vigorously. (This incorporates air into the eggs and helps your dutch baby rise!)
Next, add the sugar, milk, salt, flour and Xantham gum. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
Pour the batter over top of the apples in the pan, spreading it evenly in the pan.
Place the pan into the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and bask in the glory of your puffed dutch baby! (It will deflate quickly after you remove it from the oven.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired, slice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 18
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
Keywords: Dutch Baby Pancake, Apple Dutch Baby, Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Recipe